Re: BerkeleyDB42.patch

--On Monday, December 19, 2005 6:05 PM +0100 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

I see that the file BerkeleyDB42.patch  in the build directory was
removed several weeks ago.

I was wondering.  If I already have BDB 4.2.52 compiled with that patch,
is there a problem installing openldap 2.3.13 and using set_flags
DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE?

Or should I recompile BDB w/out that patch?

As far as I understand, that patch __adds__ a functionality; OpenLDAP 2.3 no longer uses that functionality, so the db-4.2 lib compiled with that patch is a superset of the original one that OpenLDAP now uses. SO you can safely keep going with the patched db-4.2.

Correct, you can continue using a patched version of BDB 4.2.52 without problem, but it is also no longer necessary.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer