Re: BerkeleyDB42.patch

> I see that the file BerkeleyDB42.patch  in the build directory was removed
> several weeks ago.
>
> I was wondering.  If I already have BDB 4.2.52 compiled with that patch,
> is there a problem installing openldap 2.3.13 and using set_flags
> DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE?
>
> Or should I recompile BDB w/out that patch?

As far as I understand, that patch __adds__ a functionality; OpenLDAP 2.3
no longer uses that functionality, so the db-4.2 lib compiled with that
patch is a superset of the original one that OpenLDAP now uses.  SO you
can safely keep going with the patched db-4.2.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team