Re: RDN with UUID syntax?

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 19:04 +0100, Michael StrÃder wrote:
> HI!
>
> It does not seem to be possible to form an RDN using a characteristic
> attribute with syntax UUID. I get "value #0 normalization failed" using
> RE23 synced today.
>
> I'm generating the DN with the string representation of the UUID which
> IMHO should be ok.

It should be considered a bug: the string representation fails because
the unparse functions assume the value is UTF8 unless the la_flags is
ORed with LDAP_AVA_BINARY.  The value of entryUUID is not UTF8: it's a
16 octet binary.  The DN normalization functions of slapd __should__ OR
the la_flags field with LDAP_AVA_BINARY for attributes with binary
value.  Note that using the entryUUID in a DN is not in general a good
idea, because you wouldn't be able to ldapadd it.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution

SysNet s.n.c.