Re: createTimestamp Attribute

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 12:12 +0700, ferry@cybi.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We'll migrate our database from MySQL to LDAP. On our MySQL database we have
>  a 'CreatedDate' field and will convert it into LDAP as 'createTimestamp'
>  attribute. But when I add it into LDAP there's error:
>
> ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)
>         additional info: createTimestamp: no user modification allowed
>
> Is it possible to use 'createTimestamp' attribute or is there any such an
> attribute like that we can use ?

That's an operational attribute and, as such, it cannot be written thru
a regular LDAP operation.  You can load that data thru slapadd; in that
case, you'll need to generate all the operational attributes in a
consistent manner (structuralObjectClass, entryUUID, entryCSN); or,
assuming you're using a recent version of OpenLDAP, you can use the
manageDIT control, which allows identities with "manage" privileges to
write some of the operational attributes, including the createTimestamp,
provided the resulting entry is not inconsistent.  I'm not quite sure
this control has been ever released yet; I've been playing a bit with it
in HEAD and there's a test037 that illustrates its usage.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution

SysNet s.n.c.