Re: syncrepl cause crash on consumers?

--On Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:52 PM -0500 Dusty Doris <openldap@mail.doris.cc> wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Aaron Richton wrote:

ldap2 kernel: pid 18816 (slapd), uid 389: exited on signal 6
Signal 6 is SIGABRT, no? I'd guess that slapd is assert()ing something.
There should be something about that in the logs or stderr or such. You
also should be able to coerce a core dump out of such a situation.
I note that the "uid 389" many times leads to a file permission error
creating the core file -- check your OS configuration carefully that
it's a place writable to the dying slapd.

Good point, I'll bet that was it and it couldn't write the core file because of permissions. I didn't even think of that.

I sure wish I new what was causing it so I could reproduce it instead of
waiting a month for it to happen again.

Upgrading wouldn't hurt...

--Quanah

--