Re: RHEL4 related OpenLDAP master/slave question

> ldapsearch -x -v -b "dc=mydomain,dc=somewhere" -s sub \
>    -D "cn=replicator,ou=dsa,dc=mydomain,dc=somewhere" -W "(uid=someuser)"
>
> However, if I execute the following command (with -h mastersrv) on my
> slave server
>
> ldapsearch -x -v -b "dc=mydomain,dc=somewhere" -s sub -h mastersrv \
>    -D "cn=replicator,ou=dsa,dc=mydomain,dc=somewhere" -W "(uid=someuser)"
>
> I'll get the desired output.
>
> In above log file, what could line "... connection_read(<>) input
> error=-2 id=<>, closing." mean?

http://www.directory-info.com/LDAP/LDAPErrorCodes.html  has ldap error codes.

If you execute ldapsearch with -h(ost) to a non-corrupted server, it
will work.  You can do it from anywhere.  If the first command
defaults to -h localhost, which is corrupted, it will fail.