Patches from HEAD vs. faster minor release (was: syncrepl'd MOD deleted(?) entry)

Howard Chu wrote:

> At this stage, CVS HEAD and 2.3 are close enough that anyone can just
> pull the necessary patches out of HEAD.

I'd prefer to see a minor update 2.3.14 pretty soon including such
critical patches. Personally I have no problem to grab fixes from HEAD
and test them. But it's not something my customers like. It's pretty
hard to document it correctly by mentioning CVS version numbers of
single files.

Ciao, Michael.