Re: RHEL4 related OpenLDAP master/slave question

--On Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:17 PM +0200 Jukka Hienola <jukka.hienola@helsinki.fi> wrote:

Dear all,

I have set up and run successfully OpenLDAP 2.2.13-4 server as a master

I have completely run out of ideas where the problem would lie. I would
appreciate any kind of help!

Well, one might note you are running a version of OpenLDAP that is ancient, and where it is packaged by a company that is notorious at doing a poor job of it too.

For your immediate problem, I would stop slapd on the master, and try recovering the database via db_recover (using the specific version of db_recover that matches the version of BDB that OpenLDAP was compiled against on that system).

Long term, I'd recommend upgrading to a newer version of OpenLDAP.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer