Re: Problems with simple LDAP authentication

Hi,
I tried the command you give and I got exacytly the same error:
Invalid login credential
I modified the schema and I created an ldapusers group, then i deleted the user sole ans reinserted in the ldapusers, but the error is the same.
I still don't understand why the authentication is failing.
Thanks in advance,
Giovanni

P.S. here is the output of the query you give me modified (after adding the ou ldapusers) to run as Manager
[sole@linux ldapsole]$ ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D "cn=Manager,dc=progetto-sol
e,dc=it" -b "dc=progetto-sole,dc=it" -W '(cn=sole)'
Enter LDAP Password:
version: 2

#
# filter: (cn=sole)
# requesting: ALL
#

# sole, ldapusers, sole, progetto-sole, it
dn: cn=sole,ou=ldapusers,ou=sole,dc=progetto-sole,dc=it
cn: sole
sn: sole
uid: sole
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
userPassword:: c29sZSA=

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1
[sole@linux ldapsole]$
The only relevant thing is that the password is showed encrypted while I submitted in clear text.

You don't give the actual command that is failing

ldapsearch -x -h localhost \
-D "cn=sole,dc=progetto-sole,dc=it" \
-b "dc=progetto-sole,dc=it" \
-W '(cn=sole)'

or if you wanted write access...

ldapsearch -x -h localhost \
-D "cn=Manager,dc=progetto-sole,dc=it" \
-b "dc=progetto-sole,dc=it" \
-W '(cn=sole)'

Probably best to have a contain for 'users' - something like

ou=People,dc=progetto-sole,dc=it

and put users like sole in that container...

uid=sole,ou=People,dc=progetto-sole,dc=it

Craig

Giovanni Cuccu
Sw Engineer@dianoema.it
Dianoema S.p.A.