Re: master ldap database is not getting populated

I created ldif file using slapcat. The ldif file has entries like entryUUID etc..  I removed those so that i can use ldapadd to add the missing entries.
  example: When i do
  ldapsearch -x -b 'uid=AHEALY,dc=local,dc=gov' '(objectclass=*)'
i get back object no object found.
  when i try to add the entry i get
  adding new entry "uid=AHEALY,dc=local,dc=gov"
request 2 done
ldap_add: Already exists (68)

  This is happening with all the entries that are looks missing. I have no clue why this is happening. slurpd deamon is running and i know those supposedly missing entries are in the slave database.

  Any ideas why this might be happening?

  Thanks

  moe

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
  You cannot copy the raw database files from a 64-bit architecture to a
32-bit architecture.

In general you should not copy raw database files at all, use slapcat
and slapadd like the Admin Guide says.

--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com