Re: DB_PRIVATE Error OpenLDAP 2.3.13 (source) and DB4 4.2.52 (rpm)

So your saying its linking against
	/usr/lib/libdb-4.2.a OR /usr/lib/libdb-4.2.la

But it should be:
	/usr/lib/libdb.so

And I can achieve proper linking by using the following line
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/libdb.so" ./configure

Thanks for your time,
Matt

PS Here are where my libraries are installed:
/lib/libdb-4.2.so
/lib/tls/i486/libdb-4.2.so
/lib/tls/i586/libdb-4.2.so
/lib/tls/i686/libdb-4.2.so
/usr/lib/libdb-4.2.so
/usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.2.so
/usr/lib/tls/i486/libdb-4.2.so
/usr/lib/tls/i486/libdb_cxx-4.2.so
/usr/lib/tls/i586/libdb-4.2.so
/usr/lib/tls/i586/libdb_cxx-4.2.so
/usr/lib/tls/i686/libdb-4.2.so
/usr/lib/tls/i686/libdb_cxx-4.2.so

/usr/include/db.h
/usr/include/db4
/usr/include/db4/db.h
/usr/include/db4/db_185.h
/usr/include/db4/db_cxx.h
/usr/include/db_185.h
/usr/include/db_cxx.h
/usr/lib/libdb-4.2.a
/usr/lib/libdb-4.2.la
/usr/lib/libdb.so
/usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.2.a
/usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.2.la
Howard Chu wrote:
This error usually means you've linked OpenLDAP to the wrong BerkeleyDB library. In particular, the BDB library you linked with is using pthreads mutexes but your system's pthreads library doesn't support interprocess mutexes.

The diffs referenced in those other emails have absolutely nothing to do with this problem.

Matias Silva wrote:
I everyone, I'm very new to openldap, and of course I'm having problems installing
openldap.

How do I install openldap so that I don't get the DB_PRIVATE
error message when running `make test`?

When I check the log from slapd.1.log I see the following

backend_startup_one: starting "cn=config"
backend_startup_one: starting "o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet"
bdb_db_open: o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet
bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory ./testrun/db.1.a: (2)
Expect poor performance for suffix o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet.
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(./testrun/db.1.a)
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Invalid argument (22)
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (22)

I have searched hi and low and found something in the maillist archives here
http://www.openldap.org/cgi-bin/wilma_hiliter/openldap-software/200512/msg00053.html?line=22#hilite

and I tried to follow Howard Chu's diff file but it seems his file that he was referencing
has changed from the current version, so its hard to make the necessary changes.

I have CentOS 4.2 installed with db4-4.2.52-7.1.rpm along with the devel, utils installed. I'm compiling
Openldap 2.3.13 and I don't see any linking problems, at least not that I can see.

If this more of a BerkeleyDB issue then let me know. But I do see some evidence that its an openldap
issue as well.

Thanks for you time,
Matt