big replog's problem

My openldap slave shutdown for some reason and the replog grows to
400MB. When I found it the slurpd have crashed too. I try restart the
salve and run slurpd to resume the replication. But the slurpd crash
soon and report "malloc of 14 bytes failed". Then I run 'top' to
monitor the slurpd process. It will allocate about 500MBs that reach
the FreeBSD's 512MB hard limit.

I found it crash at about 700,000 line of the replog file. But the
whole file contains 20,000,000 lines.

Is there anyone know howto resolve the problem??