Update question with chain overlay of sync replica

Hi:
    I use chain overlay with sync replica to make a 'cluster' with 2 PCs, like the following:

|----------|
| PC1      |
| consumer |
|----------|

   | < sync replica, refreshAndPersist >

|----------|
| PC2      |
| provider |
|----------|

data on PC1 & PC2 should keep the same.

when modification occurs on consumer, it will pass on to the provider instead of
return a referral. The provider does the update and sends back to consumer OK,
consumer sends back to client.

But it's very strange that the provider DOSEN'T update the client until I 'refresh'
it (do a search query, for example). The sequences are:

1. client sends modification query to consumer.
2. consumer passes it on to provider.
3. provider does the modification.
4. provider sends OK to consumer.
5. consumer sends OK to client.
.....<client sends search query to consumer, it doesn't updated !!>
6. client sends search query to provider.
7. provider sends back client entries.
8. provider updates consumer.

I use refreshAndPersis mode. In theory, when update occurs on provider, it will
pass on to consumer immediately.

My conf file is:

consumer:
overlay chain
chain-uri ldap://master
chain-acl-bind bindmethod=simple
                   binddn="cn=Manager,dc=com"
                   credentials=secret

syncrepl   rid=1
                   provider=ldap://master
                   binddn="cn=Manager,dc=com"
                   bindmethod=simple
                   credentials=secret
                   searchbase="dc=com"
                   filter="(objectClass=*)"
                   attrs="*"
                   schemachecking=off
                   scope=sub
                   type=refreshAndPersist
updateref ldap://master

provider:
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 1000 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

Is there anything wrong ? Please help, thanks !

Regards.