Getting Started

Hello,

  I am new to ldap and Openldap. I am trying to get started by building a simple user repository and writing a sample java class to access this. Could someone point me to some resources that would guide me in letting up the openldap correctly?  The code snipped below produces an invalid dn exception so I am not sure if my setup is correct.

    String password = "secret";
    LDAPConnection ld = new LDAPConnection();
  ld.connect("localhost",389);
  ld.bind(ldapVersion, "Manager", password.getBytes("UTF8") );

  Thanks for your help
  Leslie