OpenLDAP version for new server

Hi,

I have a couple of OpenLDAP 2.2.x machines and now I
want to add a new one. I'm using Fedora Core 4 and as
far as I can see 2.2.29 is the latest included in that
distribution.
So, according to:
"Most users should use "release" (general use)
versions"
But is it recomended to stick with the 2.2.x
version(since I already have a couple of those) or go
for the 2.3.x version? Is it possible to replicate a
2.2.x with a 2.3.x(provided the data structure and
configuration options used is available with both
versions)?

Johan

http://mail.yahoo.com