Re: How to find out whether overlay module is loaded to openldap

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 15:03 +0530, sandeep wrote:

> # Overlays, Monitor
> dn: cn=Overlays,cn=Monitor
> monitoredInfo: glue
> monitoredInfo: valsort
> monitoredInfo: unique
> monitoredInfo: translucent
> monitoredInfo: syncprov
> monitoredInfo: rwm
> monitoredInfo: retcode
> monitoredInfo: refint
> monitoredInfo: pcache
> monitoredInfo: ppolicy
> monitoredInfo: lastmod
> monitoredInfo: dynlist
> monitoredInfo: dyngroup
> monitoredInfo: denyop
> monitoredInfo: accesslog
> monitoredInfo: chain
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>

> >>   Can I assume  that ppolicy overlay is loaded fine.
> >>

> >I woulnd't make assumptions that I'm not sure I can prove somehow.
> >

>    Now can I confirm that  ppolicy  is loaded fine ?

I insist; you didn't explain what you mean by "loaded correct"; since
you compiled ppolicy as a static module, there is no need to load it
since it's built in into slapd.  This output is showing you that, since
you statically compiled it into slapd, slapd barely knows it exists: in
fact, it is listing it among the overlays it knows about.

The other search, on the contrary, will tell you if that overlay was
actually instantiated in the database you configured it for by adding
the "overlay ppolicy" directive.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution