Ldapadd or Ldapmodify without ldif file

Hello

Is it possible to execute the ldapadd or ldapmodify command without -f
<filename> options where I should pass all contents of file in the
command line.  I need this since i wish to process this through some
bash scripts and i don't want scritps to create files in any other
locations.

If it's possible Can somebody say how I can add a new entry using the
following ldif file.

dn: cn=sadique,ou=addressbook,dc=srtachyonldap,dc=com
cn: sadique
displayName: Sadique Puthen Peedikayil
givenName: Sadique
mail: sadique@vanillanetworks.com
mobile: 9895643639
homePhone: 0466-2254274
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

Can I pass all these to ldapadd command without using an ldif file?

Thanks
Sadique