Re: Ldap schema error

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 12:20 +0200, Amir Saad wrote:
> i use Fedora 4 , ldap 2.3.11
> i tried to write a local.schema and i added include path_to/local.schema into the slapd.conf, when the slapd start it reports the following error:
> path_to/local.schema: line 1: Missing closing parenthesis before a/local.schema
> AttributeTypeDescription = "(" whsp
>   numericoid whsp      ; AttributeType identifier
>   [ "NAME" qdescrs ]             ; name used in AttributeType
>   [ "DESC" qdstring ]            ; description
>   [ "OBSOLETE" whsp ]
>   [ "SUP" woid ]                 ; derived from this other
>                                    ; AttributeType
>   [ "EQUALITY" woid ]            ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "ORDERING" woid ]            ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "SUBSTR" woid ]              ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "SYNTAX" whsp noidlen whsp ] ; see section 4.3
>   [ "SINGLE-VALUE" whsp ]        ; default multi-valued
>   [ "COLLECTIVE" whsp ]          ; default not collective
>   [ "NO-USER-MODIFICATION" whsp ]; default user modifiable
>   [ "USAGE" whsp AttributeUsage ]; default userApplications
>                                    ; userApplications
>                                    ; directoryOperation
>                                    ; distributedOperation
>                                    ; dSAOperation
>   whsp ")"
> slapd stopped.
> here is the local.schema file:
> attributeType( 2.5.4.41 NAME 'name'
> DESC 'name(s) associated with the object'
> EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
> SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{32768} )
> attributeType( 2.5.4.3 NAME  'cn'
> DESC 'common name(s) assciated with the object'
> SUP name )
> attributeType ( 2.5.4.3 NAME  'dn'
> DESC 'distinguished name(s) assciated with the object'
> SUP name )

Take a look to the schema files shipped with OpenLDAP; they look
different from yours.  slapd.conf(5) provides a brief description of how
these statements must be formatted, which is not quite followed by some
of your definitions.  I suggest you start from there.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution

SysNet s.n.c.