Re: openldap-server-2.2.29: multimaster support

On Jeu 10 novembre 2005 16:23, John Madden wrote:
>> P.S. I know that multimaster mode is not officially supported, but in
>> past I could enable this feature.
>
> Why not go to Openldap 2.3 and use syncrepl (on both systems) to
> accomplish this?
> It seems safer IMO than truly multi-master, which as has been discussed
> repeatedly
> here, isn't a good idea.

Does the FAQ entry about multi-master replication* need to be updated?
What about the draft "LDAP Multi-master Replication Considered Harmful"?

In fact I'd like to know if multi-master replication with syncrepl can be
considered as sure or if it is harmful too.

Regards,
Raphael Ouazana.

[*]http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1240.html