sambaSamAccount objectClass Add Problem

Hi All,

Environment:  OpenLDAP 2.3.9

Perhaps this is a silly n00b mistake, but I can't seem to figure
it out.

I have an (experimental) "Person3" branch that's defined thusly:

dn: ou=People3,dc=example,dc=com
ou: People3
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

Items in this branch might be defined like this:

dn: uid=phred,ou=People3,dc=example,dc=com
uid: phred
cn: Test User
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword:: some-base64-cruft
loginShell: /bin/sh
uidNumber: 666
gidNumber: 1
homeDirectory: /home/phred
gecos: Test User

And that works.

Now, to the above, I'd like to add Samba credentials (sambaLMPassword,
sambaNTPassword, etc.).  So I try this:

dn: uid=phred,ou=People3,dc=example,dc=com
uid: phred
cn: Test User
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: sambaSamAccount
userPassword:: some-base64-cruft
loginShell: /bin/sh
uidNumber: 666
gidNumber: 1
homeDirectory: /home/phred
gecos: Test User

Note the addition of "objectClass: sambaSamAccount."  (samba.schema
has been added to slapd's config and slapd restarted.)

All I get, either trying to ldapmodify an existing "phred" or deleting
and trying to re-add "phred" with that objectClass declaration in it
is

    ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
            additional info: objectClass: value #4 invalid per syntax

Running the server with full-out debugging yeilds

    send_ldap_result: err=21 matched="" text="objectClass: value #4
        invalid per syntax"

As the "most useful" corresponding output.  However, it *still* doesn't
give me any hint whatsoever as to *what* is invalid about it.

I've Google'd and Google'd and read and read and debugged and debugged,
and I remain berift of clue.  Can somebody impart some clue to me?

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.