Re: modrdn err=71 question

--On Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:49 PM -0500 matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:

back-hdb does, and at least in 2.3.11 or later, is as robust as back-bdb.

I personally would avoid using back-ldbm if at all possible for numerous
reasons. ;)  And hopefully it'll be removed when 2.4 comes out.

I would make a care for ldbm as it doesn't seem to create as much i/o
load as back-bdb.  This is helpful with a large database.

At a guess, you likely didn't configure back-bdb properly if this is what you are seeing. There are a number of excellent reasons not to use ldbm (like no data integrity checking, so your database can happily go corrupt without you knowing) and its code is not being maintained past making sure it continues to barebones work in a given release. All new features, development, etc, are focused on the other OpenLDAP backends.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html