Re: Slapd (OpenLDAP v2.3.11) Hangs Using 100% CPU Upon Start Up

--On Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:58 PM -0800 Rik Herrin <rikherrin@yahoo.com> wrote:

Likely the slapd2.3_db_recover would have been better.  It is fairly hard
to say at this point, as you really got into a very odd situation.
 Do you think that slapd_db_recover 2.3i s made to work better with 4.3
dbs or to work irrespecfive of the BDB backend.  From what happened in my
case, I was thinking of switching the 2 in the initialization script so
that db_recover is called before slapd_db_recover so that my LDAP server
doesn't hang in the case of database recovery.
 Thanks for your time.
  --Quanah

Please please please fix your email client to quote replies properly. :)

I would wait for OpenLDAP 2.3.12 which doesn't require any special patches against BDB 4.2.52, and then update to that. I think 4.3 is stable enough to use as well, the log issue only really made a difference when doing slapadds, and if you use slapadd -q, which is generally what one should do, then that doesn't even become an issue. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer