Slapd (OpenLDAP v2.3.11) Hangs Using 100% CPU Upon Start Up

 Hi,
   I had installed OpenLDAP and configured it using RHEL v4's Openldap packages but then decided to use Buchan Milne's packages over at http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/buchan/openldap/ (OpenLDAP v2.3.11 with RHEL v4's BDB package - 4.2.52-7.1) because I ran into several database corruptions using RHEL v4's packages.  I successfully installed the packages and migrated my data.  I then started OpenLDAP and everything seemed to be fine.  A day latter, I found the OpenLDAP service taking 100% of the CPU.  Stracing it returned that it was calling:
     sched_yield() = 0
 infinitely.  I tried the following but to no avail:
     1) Stopping and restart the server - as soon as I start the server, top indicates that it's taking 99.9% of the CPU
     2) I enabled logging in /etc/sysconfig//etc/sysconfig/ldap2.3 but slapd seems to hang before it does anything with the database.  Here are the debugging options that I used by the log file remains empty:
         SLAPD_OPTIONS="-d 1 -d 32 -d 64 -d 256"
     3) I read on a previous thread that it might have to do with my DB_CONFIG options, so I tried changing them and even removing them.  Here's my DB_CONFIG file (I have about 500 entries in my LDAP server);
         /var/lib/ldap2.3/DB_CONFIG
         set_lg_bsize 2097152
         set_lg_max              10485760
         set_cachesize   0       1048576        0
     4) I tried changing some parameters such as cachesize and checkpoint.  They are currently set to:
         checkpoint 64 15
         # check point whenever 64k data bytes written or
         # 15 minutes has elapsed whichever occurs first
         cachesize 6000
         I tried changing in cachesize and even removing it
     5) I checked the permissions on all the files and directories accessed by LDAP
     6) I tried removing all my ACLs in case it was ACL related
 Unfortunately, none of the above changed this behavior.  Any ideas?  My current deployment is on RHEL v4 ES.  I found other people referring to this issue (http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200302/msg00213.html) but their posts were old (2003) and the issue was fixed in CVS.

 Thank you for your time.