Re: sycreplica cant work ?

Hi:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:03:50 -0500, Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu> wrote:

     searchbase="siemensLAC=010,dc=ctc,dc=com"
	ldapsearch -b "dc=ctc,dc=com" -D "cn=admin,o=users,dc=com" -x -w aaa

The base from your "provider OK" example search versus your consumer are different. This may or may not be intended. Maybe you should try -b "siemensLAC=010,dc=ctc,dc=com" and see if that is noSuchObject?

You are right, I have changed base to "dc=ctc,dc=com".

then start provider & consumer:
	#/usr/local/openldap/libexec/slapd &
	#/usr/local/openldap2/libexec/slapd -h ldap://localhost:999 &

I'm not sure if you compiled slapd differently in each case, but I would consider having different slapd.conf files (-f option), just to make sure your provider<>consumer configs aren't getting confused.

I compiled them with different '--prefix' param.

be synchronized. i caputrued packages by etheral, it shows that when
consumer sends search message, provider gives back "noSuchObject" (error
code 0x20) .

Check that Ethereal shows these in the direction (in your case, the different ports) that you think is right.

ports are OK.

Anyway, those are just points to think about. My foremost advice would be
to go into the "tests" directory and "./run test017" (or any of the other
syncrepl tests), make sure they pass OK, and then cannibalize them as
examples until you're comfortable with your own config.

i ran the test just now and worked OK. but how can i cannibalize them as examples ??

i added "cn=admin,o=users,dc=com" write access right to the whole "dc=ctc,dc=com" tree,
this time provider returns 'Search Result' after consumer sends query. It seems the provider returns no entry.
i am really confused, couldy you give me some help ? thanks in advance.