Re: asynchronous event notification?

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
To follow this up though, I am really concerned that I never know when
SyncRepl is actually doing its work. Is there anyway to get slapd to
log when it does a syncrepl? Or am I just missing something?

Use the (yet undocumented; just committed a patch to slapd.conf(5)) "sync" level. It logs consumer side replication.

p.

What level is it?

1 (trace) trace function calls
2 (packet) debug packet handling
4 (args) heavy trace debugging
8 (conns) connection management
16 (BER) print out packets sent and received
32 (filter) search filter processing
64 (config) configuration file processing
128 (ACL) access control list processing
256 (stats) stats log connections/operations/results
512 (stats2) stats log entries sent
1024 (shell) print communication with shell backends
2048 (parse) entry parsing

4096?

--
---