Re: International searches

At 07:53 AM 11/2/2005, Pablo Hoffman wrote:
>An equality match (like caseIgnoreNonAsciiMatch) would be better,
>but those aren't supported by slapd, AFAIK.

Well, aside from much a matching rule not be defined in
the standards, the standards call for various well-defined
rules to be used for equality matching in standardized
attribute types such as common name (CN).  I do not
think it would be better to diverge from the standards.

I suggest you investigate whether the clients you are
using support filter configuration, allowing you to
specify use of approximate matching.  See their
documentation for details, use their lists for discussion.

Kurt