International searches

Hi, does anyone know if there's a way to do international searches in
openldap?.

I have a spanish directory with names like "Sánchez" and "Sanchez", which I'd
like to get (both of them) when I search for "Sanchez". Now, it only returns
"Sanchez" which is the natural behaviour, but it's also very annoying because
most times you don't know how it's really spelled or, if the person who entered
the data, spelled it right.

So I just want to know if there is a way to perform this kind of international
searches, whether using openldap or some generic LDAP feature that I'm not
aware of.

So that searching "Sánchez" would return "Sánchez", "Sanchez", "Sanchéz", etc.

This is very language dependant, I know, but I think there shuold be a way to
do it, cause it's a much needed feature among international users.

So far I've looked in LDAP RFCs and openldap documentation/mailing lists
without any luck.

The only workaround I know is to search for "S*nchez" but that's not very
end-user friendly, which is a requisite in this case.

Any help or tip will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

--
Pablo Hoffman