Re: Xeon vs. Opteron

On Monday 31 October 2005 18:39, Howard Chu wrote:
> Jonas Helgi Palsson wrote:
> > Which architecture is better for OpenLDAP: Xeon 3.6GHz or Opteron 2.6GHz?

> There's nothing particular about OpenLDAP software in this regard. I
> suggest you read some of the many available articles comparing Opteron
> to Xeon, e.g.
> http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=paxville&page=1

I slightly agree :-)

But all general benchmarks show that Xeon is better in some tasks and Opteron
is better in others. Therefore when choosing a architecture for a server
dedicated to OpenLDAP, I like to ask the experts in that field :-)

regards
Jonas

--
Jonas Helgi Palsson
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer."