OpenLDAP Hooks and Integration

Hi,
  I was wondering if the following is doable using
OpenLDAP.  Is it possible for the server to obtain
information and store it in an entry when the user
authenticates against it?  For example, when a user
logs in, would it be possible to configure the
OpenLDAP server to obtain things such as the IP and
store them in one of the user's attributes?  I wanted
to do this so that I can integrate OpenLDAP with
iptables or any other service (perhaps a proxy
service).  Thanks for your time.

http://farechase.yahoo.com