Re: Slow when logging.

Try to "bufferize" syslog output, and see if it helps...

For instance, if you have in your syslog.conf some line
like that:

local4.*       /var/log/slapd.log

According to syslog.conf(5) manpage, it sincs output log file
for each line written. Inserting "-" before filename it just
writes to logfile when buffer gets filled:

local4.*       -/var/log/slapd.log

I had this problem some time ago. Searches used to walk. After
this change, they run.

Grant Carmichael escreveu:
Hello,

When I enable logging via syslog for OpenLDAP, ldap searches are
extremely slow.  So slow, doing multiple ldapsearch searches from the
command line would cause these messages in the log files:

conn=xxxx deferring operation: binding

While not logging, everything runs great.  I'm running a slave on a
fedora core 4 box with the same build/config and logging works fine.

I'm running:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 4 for 32-bit x86)
OpenLDAP 2.2.27 + patches from stanford.edu
db-4.3.28

Has anyone else run into this?

Grant

Marcio Scheibler