Re: log analyzer

--On Friday, October 21, 2005 12:49 PM -0400 Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 05:05:28PM +0200, de Boer, Robert wrote:
Adam,

I do not know what "good" means for you, but I saw a loganalyzer called
ldap-stats.pl on this site http://daemons.net/~matty/

This uses the 'Monitor' backend; it never looks at any log files.

No it doesn't. It analyzes log files created by setting log levels in slapd.conf.

Did you even bother to read the rather clear description on that web page?

ldap-stats.pl is a Perl program that can be used to analyze and report on
OpenLDAP logfiles. The available reports include: operations (e.g., Connect,
Bind, Unbind) performed per host, unindexed searches, attributes requested,
search filters used, total operations per server, and operation breakdowns
by day, hour and month. A sample report is available here.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer