Re: Probleme to install barkeley database

"Eudes LEDUCQ" <LEDUCQ@hec.fr> wrote:

> Hi every boby,
>

> First my configuration :
>
>  Serveur Linux red hat entreprise linux 3
>  openLdap v2.2.26
>  openssl    v 0.9.8
>  bdb         v 4.3.29
>
> My probleme
[snip]

> configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available
>
> but I have installed the database , I don't understand
>
> is some one can help me ?

Here's what I did for another RH AS of some kind:

sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include" \
 LDFLAGS="-R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib" \
  ./configure --enable-crypt --without-cyrus-sasl
make depend
make

Why the LD_LIBRARY_FLAGS had to be set when the LDFLAGS "-R" switch
is present is a mystery to me.

> Nota:
> I'm sorry but my english is not very good.

It's better than my French, by a long, long way! :)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.