From: Samuel Tran [mailto:stran@amnh.org]
Sent: Tue 10/18/2005 10:10 AM
To: Henderson, David
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: installation problems

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 09:50 -0400, Henderson.David@mail.dc.state.fl.us
wrote:
> Gary,
>      I am compiling the software on Debian 3.1 (Sarge).  This is the
> latest
> release of the distro's GNU/Linux.  Is there anything that I can look
> into
> to see what the problem is?

David,

I built OL 2.2.26 and OL 2.3.11 on Debian Woody and Sarge without any
problem.

As for OpenSSL I used the exact same steps as you did.
Then before building OpenLDAP I set these environment variables:

$ export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include"
$ export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib"

Here are the steps I use to build OL 2.2.26:

$ ./configure   --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc \
                --enable-bdb \
                --enable-aci --enable-crypt \
                --enable-slapd \
                --enable-spasswd \