RE: help with install

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.
I am having problems answering most of your questions. Sorry for being dumb, but I need a little more help.

The version of Ldap I am installing is openldap-2.2.27

I don't know how to run a debugger, when I run make test, there is no output in the slapd.1.log.

The config.log is huge, do you want me to post it here ?
Here is the slapd.conf though.

Is there any other help you can give me to get this thing debugged ?

Thank you.
Floyd

# stand-alone slapd config -- for testing (with indexing)
# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/tests/data/slapd-schema.conf,v 1.20.2.6 2005/01/20 17:01:20 kurt Exp $
## This work is part of OpenLDAP Software <http://www.openldap.org/>.
##
## Copyright 1998-2005 The OpenLDAP Foundation.
## All rights reserved.
##
## Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
## modification, are permitted only as authorized by the OpenLDAP
## Public License.
##
## A copy of this license is available in the file LICENSE in the
## top-level directory of the distribution or, alternatively, at
## <http://www.OpenLDAP.org/license.html>.
ucdata-path     ./ucdata
#
include ./schema/core.schema
include ./schema/cosine.schema
#
include ./schema/corba.schema
include ./schema/java.schema
include ./schema/inetorgperson.schema
include ./schema/misc.schema
include ./schema/nis.schema
include ./schema/openldap.schema
#
pidfile     ./testrun/slapd.1.pid
argsfile    ./testrun/slapd.1.args
#
rootdse         ./testdata/rootdse.ldif
#mod#modulepath ../servers/slapd/back-bdb/
#mod#moduleload back_bdb.la
# ldbm database definitions
database        bdb
suffix          "o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet"
directory       ./testrun/db.1.a
#ldbm#index             objectClass eq
index           objectClass eq
#database       bdb
#suffix         "dc=example,dc=com"
#directory      ./testrun/db.1.b
#index          objectClass eq
database monitor

Matthew Hardin <mhardin@symas.com> wrote:
Hi Floyd,

Sorry to see you're having troubles getting OpenLDAP working. In order for
folks on the list to help you will need to provide more information than is
included in your message.

For starters, can you please provide the following information?

1. The version of OpenLDAP you are attempting to build.
2. A stack trace so we can get an idea of where slapd is dumping core. Use
gdb or a debugger appropriate to your tool chain to do this.
3. Slapd debug output. For the first test this can be found in
tests/testrun/slapd.1.log.
4. The configuration you used to build OpenLDAP.
5. Versions of supporting libraries, such as Berkeley DB, libtool(libltdl),
Cyrus SASL, OpenSSL, etc.

Numbers 1 through 3 are the starting points, but the remainder of the
information is also helpful the first time around.

You are, of course, welcome to use our compiled, tested, and packaged distro
for AIX 5.2 at no charge. It is called CDS Silver, and is available under
the Downloads section at http://www.symas.com.

Hope this helps...

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation