Re: ldapsearch using SASL/GSSAPI - Segmentation fault

--On Friday, September 30, 2005 12:30 AM +0200 Tony Earnshaw <billy@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 17:11 +0530, Srinivas Cheruku wrote:

I am getting segmentation fault when try to use SASL/GSSAPI
authentication with OpenLDAP. I am trying to connect to WIN2k3. I am
able to see the service ticket of the LDAP server in the Credential
cache though i get segmentation fault. Please help me to solve this
error. Details are given below

I am using the following
db-4.2.52
cyrus-sasl-2.1.19
krb5-1.4.2
openldap-2.3.7

I have had the same too, for months (aaagh), both for self-compiled OpenLDAP 2.2 all updates to 2.2.28 and 2.3.4 to 2.3.7.

This is for Red Hat RHAS3 as and from update 4 (it didn't happen before
that) and Red Hat RHAS4 "out of the box", on two separate and completely
different machines.

Dropping back to Red Hat's own OpenLDAP 2.1.13 version on RHAS4 fixed
it. No, I never filed an ITS on The OpenLDAP site, I've too little faith
that it will ever be fixed - it's too Red Hat specific.

and have configured as below

Came to the conclusion it was a libc or gcclib problem.

Not to mention that MIT krb5's distro is somewhat slower and not as useful as the Heimdal distro when it comes to SASL/GSSAPI.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer