Re: Problems After Upgrade

--On Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:15 PM -0700 David Wheeler <justatheory@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/29/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

Well, if it is 4.2.52 with no patches from sleepycat, you are asking from
trouble.  They've released 4 patches to 4.2.52, 3 of which can affect
OpenLDAP.  I suggest getting all 4 and patching BDB with them.  There's
also a patch shipped with 2.3.7 for BDB 4.2.52 that is optional, but
which I suggest having as well, as it fixes long running transaction
issues.

How 'bout I just ugrade to 4.3.28? Any problems with that version?

There have been issues with previous releases of 4.3. It is a matter of some debate if 4.3.28 has them or not (and is why BDB 4.2.52 + patches remains the current recommended version). I plan on testing 4.3.28 heavily in the near future so we can hopefully resolve whether or not it is still an iffy BDB choice. Others have been reporting a bit of success with it, but I still say use it at your own risk. ;)

I assume that I'd need to recompile OpenLDAP after this, yes?

Yes, you would need to do that if you switched BDB versions. And probably re-export/import your DB. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer