schema checking cannot be disabled

I need to run openldap with schema checking off.  This is because in the
real work, things are not always ideal.  I have to be able to declare an
object to be of objectClass posixGroup *and* GroupOfUniqueNames.  This
data is being imported from another directory service (Apple OS X
server) and as such I can't just alter these group definitions
arbitrarily.

I've been doing a lot of research and it appears that RedHat's directory
server is also implementing this, even though it is a schema violation.
Apparently RFC 2307bis has died, which would have corrected this
problem.

Can OpenLDAP 2.2.28 be hacked to turn schema checking back off?  Or
better yet, how can I reconcile the posixGroup/groupOfUniqueNames
objectClasses?  I'm not opposed to altering the schemas, but altering an
official schema (nis.schema or core.schema) could be problematic.  How
are people dealing with this problem?

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <torriem@chem.byu.edu>