Re: Indexing new attr

--On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:50 PM -0500 Jonathan Villa <jvilla@innovativesource.net> wrote:

I'm getting the following in my logs when trying to authenticate

<= bdb_equality_candidates: (member) index_param failed (18)

From what I've gathered, it seems that I'm trying to search on an
attribute that
hasn't been indexed, i.e. member

member is of course from groupOfNames

how do I add it to the index... this is what I currently have

index objectClass                       eq,pres
index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
index uidNumber,gidNumber,loginShell    eq,pres
index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
index nisMapName,nisMapEntry            eq,pres,sub

I tried adding this...worth a shot index member eq,pres,sub

That would add an eq, sub, and pres index for member on all *new* entries and modifications.

You have to run slapindex after adding an index to slapd.conf, and you have to stop slapd before running slapindex.

Note that you may not need all of those indices for member. I suggest reading up on what "eq", "pres", and "sub" means...

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html