Re: How to build OpenLDAP on Windows using "configure" + MSVC 6 compiler

Sung Ho Jee wrote:
Hi all,

I am under the impression that this should be possible if I pass the right set of environment variables to "./configure" in the Cygwin environment, but I am struggling.
Can anyone point me to some examples/instructions to get me started?

I've visited a couple of sites that have "ported" OpenLDAP to Windows (http://www.voxgratia.org/docs/windows_openldap.html, http://lucas.bergmans.us/hacks/openldap/), but I thought there was now full support for building on Windows in the official downloads.
Building on Windows has been supported for many years (see the FAQ-o-Matic http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/300.html) but it uses gcc, not MSVC. The MSVC support has been withdrawn; it was far out of date and nobody was interested in maintaining it.

--
 -- Howard Chu