Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s

At 05:39 AM 9/16/2005, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
>Thanks for the reply. However, my system is setup correctly for cross-realm
>authentication. I have another application that does it perfectly fine, so
>it's not how my system are setup.

You should get Cyrus SASL test programs working, then get
ldapwhoami(1) working with SASL, then worry about your own
programs.   Discussions of the Cyrus SASL test programs should
be taken to the Cyrus SASL mailing list.

>Anybody have any experience on how to correctly use
>ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s?

Yes.  See ldapwhoami code in clients/tools.

>I know my "interact function" get's asked for
>some values, and currently I return nothing. I've tried to return a valid
>realm but it doesn't seem to get used (verified with ethereal). Any ideas?

Because in Cyrus SASL the Kerberos realm in the Kerberos
ticket is always used in the case of the GSSAPI mechanism.

As Dieter hinted, getting cross-realm authentication to work
is not really specific to OpenLDAP Software.  If you get the
Cyrus SASL test programs working, one should be able to
get every program (such as those in OpenLDAP Software) using
Cyrus SASL should without significant hassle.

Kurt