Re: Newbie LDIF question

Buchan Milne wrote:

Problems I see here are:
1)No authz-regexp

You probably need something like:
authz-regexp UID=([^,]*),CN=DIGEST-MD5,CN=auth cn=$1,dc=itops,dc=com

I've added this to slapd.conf and restarted slapd; no change though. The ldapwhoami works just as well with or without this line; ldapadd still errs exactly as before.

2)Your comment on the rootpw from the 2nd snippet implies you were using an encrypted rootpw, this won't work with digest-md5.

Fair enough, I can see that now you mention it.

Before you debug your LDIF further, make sure you can authenticate your rootdn:

# ldapwhoami -U Manager -W -Y DIGEST-MD5

root@ldap1 # ldapwhoami -U Manager -W -Y DIGEST-MD5
Enter LDAP Password:
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
SASL username: Manager
SASL SSF: 128
SASL installing layers
dn:uid=manager,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth
root@ldap1 #

That works; I do seem to be communicating with the server, which is what makes me think it's a problem with my LDIFs, though as I'm new here, I'm trying to avoid assumptions!

Steve.