Re: Newbie LDIF question

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

[...]> There must be a really simple answer to this; can anybody shed some light?

I don't think that 'Manager' is your rootdn.
A few snippets of your initial slapd.conf would be quite helpful, that
is database declaration, suffix and rootdn.

My slapd.conf contains:
database bdb
suffix "dc=itops,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=itops,dc=com"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoid. See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw <my_password>
#rootpw <my_encrypted_password> # I've hashed this out for now, let's keep it simple!

Steve.