OpenLDAP as kerberos client?

Hi,

I'm struggling with the documentation for OpenLDAP, SASL, kerberos and
whatnot. Basically, I'm trying to create a directory which authenticates
on a AD-service using kerberos. I have a working kerberos solution for
dovecot IMAP, which authenticats from an AD KDC. I guess what I'm asking
is this: is it actually possible for OpenLDAP to function as a kerberos
client? I haven't really found any information which would explicitly
confirm this. The documentation I find mostly seems to indicate that I
need to setup a new KDC.

Grateful for any input,
Alex