BDB database not synced to file

I'm not sure that title reflects my problem entirely. The problem I'm having
is that when computer crashes my ldap database is ether ruined or outdated.
Data in databases can be even few days old, e.g. changes made in past period
(of few days) are lost. It seams that databases are not synced to disk.

This presents a big problem to me, because LDAP server is used as a backend
for SAMBA, and if server is inproperly shut down, Windows DOMAIN is
unusable. E.g. no one can work.

If slapd is shut down properly everything is fine. Database is put on
separate ext3 partition on IDE disk. There is little data in database.
It is used as SAMBA backend with cca 60 entries (machines and users).

I'm running open ldap server on Debian Linux with 2.6.11 kernel. Slapd is
version 2.1.30 and using bdb 4.2.52 as backend. No configuration options for
bdb backend are given in "slapd.conf" file.

Please, help me if possible :)

Damir Koscic