Re: Alias dereferencing

On Sunday 11 September 2005 20:23, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> >>Apparently, yes:
> >><draft-ietf-ldapbis-models, section 2.6>
> >>      An alias entry shall have no subordinates, so that an alias entry
> >>      is always a leaf entry.
> >></draft-ietf-ldapbis-models, section 2.6>
> >
> >No, that text is about the alias entry, not the entry which the alias
> >points at.
>
> Then I totally misunderstood the initial question.  I need to say that I
> found the problem a bit obscure.  The poster was talking about a
> "ou=entry2,ou=alias,ou=entry1,dc=de"; in that case I'd have termed it
> "ou=entry2,ou=aliased,ou=entry1,dc=de"

Uhm, sorry if I was unclear. What I meant was, if I have a tree like:

dc=de

  |-- ou=entry1
  |     |
  |     '-- ou=alias -> ou=entry3,dc=de

  '-- ou=entry3

        '-- ou=entry2

Now I want to access entry2 via dn: ou=entry2,ou=alias,ou=entry1,dc=de (as
base dn). Which is currently not possible with bdb backend. But as quoted in
Hallvards mail, that obviously should work and is currently just not
implemented in bdb backend. (It works in ldbm backend from 2.0.18)

Greetings

Michael