Re: Intermittent hang/deadlock when iterating through LDAP search results using JLDAP

Marc Boorshtein wrote:
1. Yes, the batting average on JLDAP (and JDBC-LDAP) has not been good. I've tried my best to keep up, but have not been getting any support from novell.

I'm aware Novell contributed JLDAP, but as I understand it the code is now part of the OpenLDAP source tree and so I wouldn't assume Novell necessarily has any responsibilities. When there last was Novell support it appeared to come from overseas outsourcing (I could be wrong). Watching their stock ride this year, I'd guess they are a little busy focusing on shareholder value

If the project needs developers, I'm right here with a body of work that absolutely depends on JLDAP (and which I will gladly offer to contribute to OpenLDAP through the appropriate channels when I'm satisfied it's ready). Unfortunately, submitting more patches doesn't seem to be what you need now.

2. The dependencies issue was fixed. If you do not have the appropriate libraries to support DSMLConnection or SPMLConnection then those classes are skipped durring the compile.

Thank you for this. I've been ignoring the relevant files for a while, so I didn't notice. Also, when I originally pointed this issue out:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200505/msg00218.html

...it was never acknowledged as being a problem :(

Thanks for not taking my venting/feedback personally. Let me know what I can do.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com