Re: Help -- replication broken with 2.1 -> 2.2 Master upgrade!

--On Wednesday, September 07, 2005 1:49 PM -0400 Victor Danilchenko <danilche@cs.umass.edu> wrote:

 	We have upgraded our LDAP master to CentOS 4.1 (RHEL 4 derivative),
which includes openLDAP 2.2.13, and replication broke. The config file is
the same, with just some changes in the schema inclusion (the old DB was
dumped and reloaded without errors). The problem is that the master is
not writing the replogfile!

How can you consider OpenLDAP 2.2.13 a viable upgrade? Have you looked at the numerous bugs fixed since the 2.2.13 release, several relating to slurpd?

The relevant section of my slapd.conf:

replogfile      /etc/openldap/replication.log
replica uri=ldap://ldap-slave.cs.umass.edu:389
         binddn="uid=replicator,ou=People,dc=cs,dc=umass,dc=edu"
         bindmethod=simple credentials=secret starttls=yes

 	I stopped slurpd, successfully wrote an update to the master, and the
replication.log is empty. This configuration worked fine under RHL 9 with
OpenLDAP 2.1. I looked through the OpenLDAP 2.2 docs, the replcation
slapd.conf syntax seems to be the same; but replication log remains
empty, and its mtime unchanged, no matter what updates I write to the
master!

Any ideas?

Which replication log remains empty? The slapd replog, or the slurpd replog?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html