Re: Frequent BDB corruption...

--On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:15 PM +0530 Saket Sathe
<saket@cc.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

I am using Single Master (2.3.4), 5 Slaves (2.2.26) with syncrepl, all
using BDB 4.5.2 + four patches.

I am facing a lot of problems with BDB. I frequently get "PANIC" messages
in the logs and I simply have to rebuild the database.
I have already looked at FAQ-O-Matic and tuned the BDB cache.

Will using MySQL instead of BDB help ? I have about 15K entries in by
database.
How would MySQL possibly perform ?

MySQL would generally be very slow.

You probably want to upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.3.6 for your master.  OpenLDAP
2.3.4's auto-recovery system had some bugs in it.  You don't say which
system(s) you are seeing the errors on.  Is it only the master?  All of
your systems? etc.  BDB 4.2.52+patches tends to be quite stable in and of
itself.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html

Hi Quanah,
Yeah, my master was crashing much more frequently than the slaves.

I upgraded my master to 2.3.6 last week. Since then it has not crashed.
Now it looks stable to me.

Are there any load balancing solutions for LDAP ?
I wish to load balance all my slaves.

-- Saket

... "Silence is a friend who will never betray."
-- Confucius (c. 551-479? BC), Chinese sage