Search base appropriate for searching across multiple database with disparate suffix

Hi,

I would like to set up a directory with multiple database.  These
database would store disparate suffix, which are not one "inside"
another.  Hopefully, this slapd.conf snippet will clear it up :

database        bdb
suffix         "dc=example1,dc=ca"
directory       /var/lib/ldap/example1

database        bdb
suffix         "dc=example2,dc=com"
directory       /var/lib/ldap/example2

database        bdb
suffix         "dc=example3,dc=org"
directory       /var/lib/ldap/example3

I would like to be able to search across these three database.  What
base DN would I have to provide ?  I tried 'ldapsearch -x -s sub -b ""',
but it returned a "result: 32 No such object".

Thanks !

Etienne Goyer