Re: Problem finding telephonenumber in a plain numeric search when number is stored with special characters

On Monday, 29. August 2005 17:00, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> Pierangelo Masarati writes:
> >Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

> >>What alpha-digit-translation? :-)
> >
> > You may have noted on your dialer those letters written in tiny
> > fonts on the digit keys... ;)

The translation table is (at least on the phones that I have seen so far ;-):
abc -> 2
def -> 3
ghi -> 4
jkl -> 5
mno -> 6
pqrs -> 7
tuv -> 8
wxyz -> 9

The translation is done automagically by pressing the button with the letter
engraved.
It is mostly used for vanity numbers.

Peter

--